samedi 16 mai 2015

Growing up

Today, it's my birthday and I'm 36.

Each year, I'm richer and richer. The value of my possessions is now probably 10 times what it was 10 years ago.

I don't know if I'm more intelligent than before but I'm surely wiser. I have much more assurance about almost anything: my contacts with people, my sense of "let's go forward!", my control over my life, etc...

And even if I'm richer and wiser, I see the world the same fucking way as I did 10 or 20 years ago. I see it as a fucking cold place full of indifference. I see it as a dead tree on which the wind blows, in a desert plain.

I've had this image on my mind for years.

Hey, I'm not sad at all about getting older. But time, money and wisdom haven't changed anything at all. I'm a fucking prisoner of my vision. It can't change, whatever happens.

Time is stronger than money, intelligence, wisdom and power.



2 commentaires:

  1. Happy Birthday fella. Your vision of the world reminds me of winter in the prairies where I grew up and it was the warmth of friends, family and sport that provided solace. I hope this year provides your mind's eye with a change of scenery and if it isn't in the form of Andy Dufresne crawling through a river of shit and coming out clean on the other side to escape the vision, it's in the form of Ellis Redding having done his time and is released.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Great comment, thank you.

    I remember Andy Dufresne.

    RépondreSupprimer