mardi 17 décembre 2019

The 12 days of Chritmas, part 6

On the sixth day of Chritmas, my true love gave to me, a book about war and killing!

Many years ago, I bought "The Art of War" by Sun Tzu. For those who don't know that book, it was written about 2500 years ago and it's mostly simple sentences about how to conduct war. It's an easy reading and it could serve you not only if you become a general but also in your daily life, such as with some personal or professional relations.

I believe that we should always keep in mind certain advices in this book. For the biggest part of our lives, it won't be useful, because I wouldn't recommend anybody to be hypocrite and dishonest. However, there's always a slight percentage of the population that deserve to be treated in the ways that the book teaches us. I let you determine who should be aimed.

Here's a few advices:

- To fool your enemy is the art of war;
- A war should be as quick as possible;
- The art of war is also to submit your enemy without any fight;
- Know your enemy and know yourself, you'll win much easily.

My favorite part of the book is the one where it says that, in these times, it was usual to exchange gifts before a fight (between two generals). A general sent piss instead of wine to the other general who was so furious that he lost his temper and sent his armies right away, without planning his attack. His army was crushed.

I still haven't found a way to apply this strategy, but I hope I will someday.

2 commentaires:

  1. Very funny stuff. I hope the last six days are as funny as the first six days.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Penetrator, you could use those advices with your wife. Think about it.

    RépondreSupprimer