dimanche 10 décembre 2023

Glamour and anxiety

As a blogger, this year has probably been my laziest year. I feel that inspiration will be back one day or another but, so far, I feel like I don't have anything to say. 

2023 has been a very good year on the investment level. My portfolio's performance has been so far almost 150% superior to the performance of S&P500. But the year isn't over yet and anything could happen. 

This year, I've diversified my portfolio. I used to own a lot of big positions in big tech names (Amazon, Alphabet, Meta, Microsoft..) but I felt that it became too concentrated on a single sector so I bought some other kind of companies like Grainger and Parker Hannifin, both great companies in the industrial sector. And I feel like it's been a good idea because these new stocks did well and made my portfolio more balanced. 

I've reached a very important milestone in november with my portfolio. That level was for me the official "anything could happen now, I'd be safe financially".  And now, I feel like all my earnings related to my job can be spent because saving them doesn't make a big difference. 


To manage to get there, I have to declare that I drive the same car since 2010. Very little glamour but very little financial anxiety too. 

4 commentaires:

  1. Congratulations, I'm sure that's quite a weight off your shoulders. I hope to get there some day as well.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Well done Terminator, experience is the best teacher and long term performance is the best measuring stick...I'm up 12.10 percent on the year so far but it's been a volatile year and most of my gains were realized just lately...Investing is a challenging game.

      Supprimer
  2. Nice to hear from you. Happy Holidays, Penistrator : )

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Félicitations pour avoir atteint une valeur nette d’un million de dollars

    RépondreSupprimer