jeudi 10 août 2023

A new strategy

It's been 4 months since my last post and it looks like I could never write again on this blog. I don't think this is my last post but I wonder if inspiration will come back one day...?

I've travelled a lot since may (Argentina, Uruguay, Brazil, Japan) and I can't wait to retire and travel as fucking often as I want to. I don't know if I'll be able to do that one day but that's my goal. 

I've decided that, if I wanted to travel as much as I do in the future, I had to reach wealth without too much worries. The best strategy after knowing how to select great stocks is probably to stay away from controversy. 

A new criteria for me is to pick stocks that aren't in the limelight. I don't mean "under the radar" stocks but at least, stocks that are not too exposed in the media. Exposition creates excitation or fear and these two create doubt and I don't like that. Some would say that it also creates occasion and I agree but I prefer a quiet stock than an hype stock. For example, I prefer stocks like Metro or Parker Hannifin. Who gives a shit about these stocks? They're quiet and they do their little thing without bothering governments or people. They probably do obscure stuff once in a while but they don't operate in wild swings sectors.  

You don't get a big boner with these stocks, but you get an easy 10% annual with these and you're not constantly asking yourself if they lost their moat, appeal or credibility. I'd rather go with that and keep my worries for my health and my kids health. 

3 commentaires:

  1. Is your ego too big to just buy an index that on average returns 10% annually?

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Welcome back...I've always liked to invest in stocks that are not in the limelight (money is made in the dark, not the light) but that's just me.

    Index investing did very well when interest rates were at record lows but it has gotten too popular and I feel in the future it is going to be more of a stock picker's market.

    Of course this is just my opinion but a difference of a opinion is what makes a market...nuff said...

    RépondreSupprimer