mardi 13 juin 2017

Bristoche parcourera le vaste monde

It's 1984, I'm 5 years old and I'm telling a very short story to my mother. She notes it on a piece of paper (which I still have):

"Il était une fois Bristoche qui s'en allait parcourir le vaste monde..."

**********

Contrary to Buffett and Munger, I've never thought that I'd be very rich one day. I never thought that I'd be poor either. I don't think I had an opinion about it.

I wanted to have a family, to have at least two kids, to have a good job and enough money to live a comfortable life. But that's about it.

Now, given to statistics, I'm among the richest 5% of the population of my province. I don't know if I'll be really rich one day, but I'm convinced I'll be much more comfortable than the majority of the population... which is already the case.

So, what's my next goal with my life? Stay at that exact point? Save even more money?

In the last few years, I've realized that I have to travel. I want to visit every continent before I die. Isn't it cool?

Well, I don't know when I'll die, so I should probably use a better unit of measure than that. So, why not in the next 5 years? Why wait if I'm able to do it financially?

Given the fact that I've already visited many places in North America and three europeans countries, here's the places I plan to visit.

I mostly want to visit places where there's not too much humanoid, such as: 
  • Mongolia;
  • Nepal;
  • Patagonia (Chile/Argentina);
  • New Zealand;
  • Egypt (if it's safe by then, because that fucking country is insane... Otherwise I'll go somewhere else in Africa).
Tel "Rosebud" pour Citizen Kane, "Bristoche" revient beaucoup plus tard.

3 commentaires:

  1. The ten least densely populated places in the world:

    http://www.worldatlas.com/articles/the-10-least-densely-populated-places-in-the-world-2015.html

    bon voyage!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I took the train across Russia in January and went snowmobiling in Siberia and dog sledding in Mongolia. It was rad and not a lot of people. If you're bored: https://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/JDV/

    RépondreSupprimer